Associate of Technical Study
The Associate of Technical Study (ATS) is awarded for successful completion of a minimum of 60 credit hours of an individually planned technical education program designed to respond to a student’s need for specialized technical education not currently available in the formal degree programs available at Hocking College, an Ohio technical college.
The Associate of Technical Study program must have an area of concentration that is equivalent to 30 credit hours in technical studies and clearly identifiable with a career objective. The area of concentration can be formed either by:
- A coherent combination of technical study courses selectively drawn from two or more technical programs currently offered by Hocking College to serve a career objective which would not be adequately addressed by one of those existing programs; or
- Courses completed or training received at other institutions of higher education, vocational centers, or other educational enterprises judged by Hocking College to be of college level to a maximum of 30 credit hours, prior to the declaration of candidacy for the degree.
The typical technical student is seeking a unique, flexible degree that combines two or more technical degree programs from Hocking College, needs a degree as soon as possible for their current job, or has already completed many technical credits but lacks focus in one specific technology.
In preparing your Associate of Technical Study degree plan you will:
- Enroll in GS 1137, Associate of Technical Study Degree Development Seminar if you have 30 credits or less on your Hocking College transcript;
- Submit occupational documentation for the career requiring a blend of technologies as a part of your application for an Associate of Technical Study degree. One of the following may be used:
- Job Description from the industry or other third party source;
- Letter from an employer; or,
- Document from the industry regarding qualifications required.
- Select degree programs to blend together to fit this career’s needs; and,
- Select academic advisors from each area of concentration to sit on your degree approval committee.
This technical study program allows Hocking College to call itself one of the most comprehensive Ohio technical schools. As an Ohio technical college, Hocking prepares students for the workforce by providing a technical degree that is built upon a strong, but flexible basis that caters to a variety of students’ needs - the Associate of Technical Study is another great degree option provided by Hocking College.
This program is designed to meet individual goals and objectives. Program outcomes will be determined as part of program development.
Associate of Technical Study in Associate of Technical Study
Course of Study
For students entering May 2016
|COURSE NO.||CORE REQUIREMENT||Class Hours||Lab Hours||Credit Hours||Course Fee|
|GS-1135||AIS & ATS Degree Development||1.00||0.00||1.00||$30.00|
|***||Social Science/Psychology Elective||0.00||0.00||3.00|
|***||Natural Science Elective||0.00||0.00||3.00|
|ENGL-1104||Job Search Techniques||1.00||0.00||1.00||$15.00|
|ENGL-1510||English Composition I||4.00||0.00||4.00||$50.00|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS:||ESTIMATED TOTAL COURSE FEES:|
Hocking College reserves the right to modify curricular requirements, to change course content, and change course fees at any time.
The Associate of Technical Study is a customized program design to meet the career goals of the individual student.