Hocking College offers employment opportunities for students through
regular part time employment or through the Federal Work Study Program (FWS).
To be considered for FWS, you must indicate your interest in employment
on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
There are also paid student employment opportunities while working
within community service. For more information about paid community
service opportunities, please contact Office of Financial Aid.
||Assist with aspects of college marketing, outreach and relations. Additionally, this position will assist with a variety of general office responsibilities within the President's Office. Please contact Mike Brown directly for more information at 740.753.6559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|% of Time
||Skills & Knowledge
||Answer D–term multi-line telephone – take messages and route calls; greet and assist students and visitors to the office; copy, collate, and staple various documents using Xerox; faxing; paper shredding; stuff envelopes and prepare outgoing mail; assist the President, Vice President, Presidential Assistant, Administrative Assistant, and Public Information Director as needed; sort and distribute incoming mail as needed; deliver and pick up materials to different departments/buildings as needed; miscellaneous errands as needed.
- Telephone Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to Operate Various Office Equipment
- Customer Service Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to Learn
- Maintain Acceptable Appearance
||General office maintenance including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, window cleaning, watering plants, and tidying up of office.
||Various duties as assigned.
- Communicate Effectively (reading, writing, speaking, listening skills)
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Science and the Environment (knowledge of scientific principles. Scientific method, awareness of ecological principles/ physical health/social development)
- Demonstrate Learning and Critical Thinking Skills (analyze, evaluate, use logic, establish goals)
- Maintains Professional Skills and Attitudes (follow polices, show initiative, prioritize, work safely, arrive promptly, attend regularly, maintain professional image)
- Practice Human Relation Skills (trustworthy, confident, team worker, maintain sense of humor, empathize, practice good interpersonal skills, resolve conflicts, work well with others)
- Demonstrate Community, Cultural, and Global Awareness (practice good citizenship, respect diversity, know contribution of career to the economy, understand historical and current events)
- Maintain a Code of Ethics (honest, responsible, resolve conflicts and moral dilemmas through decision-making process)
- Telephone Skills
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn about, various office equiptment including Xerox, Fax, and D-term telephone
- Basic computer skills
- Positive appearance and attitude
- Office Administration
- Buisness Management