The Veterans Program at Hocking College welcomes you. We are eager to assist you as you continue your educational journey with us and hope that your time at Hocking College will be a positive and rewarding experience.
Our mission is to provide a caring, supportive environment for veterans, active-duty and reserve servicemembers, and eligible dependents, helping them with the services they need to receive VA benefits, Federal Tuition Assistance, Ohio National Guard Scholarships, and to enroll, and become a success at Hocking College. The Veterans Office is dedicated within our means to assist and to support you as you embark on an exciting academic career with Hocking College. Our purpose is to help you to achieve your educational goals.
You Served Us, Now Let Us Serve You
We understand personally that the transition to student life can be challenging, yet rewarding. We, along with the entire Hocking College community, are grateful to you and your family members for your service to our country, and are dedicated to providing the services you need to successfully navigate this transition.
Our office is also an informational center to assist you with any questions you may have regarding your veterans' educational benefits, as well as providing support services to ensure your success at Hocking College.
We offer you the following services:
- One-on-one personalized student assistance
- Act as a liaison with the US Department of Veteran Affairs on your behalf to expedite paperwork, resolve problems and process pay
- Work with all other Hocking College support services
- Certify education benefits for all Chapters
- Provide academic advising by discussing the curriculum and approving course selection for compliance with DVA regulations
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Assistance in adapting your military skills to civilian life
- Support services while you pursue your goals
Hocking College is a SOC (Servicemembers Opportunity College) school. We are regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and approved for the training of veterans, active-duty and reserve Servicemembers, and eligible dependents under applicable federal and state laws administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
We sincerely hope that you will find the information you need here on our website. If you need further help, be sure to contact us.