The Patrick Gangwer Brewing Scholarship
Eligibility: The Patrick Gangwer Brewing Scholarship will provide up to one scholarship for four semesters to a student who meets all the following criteria:
- Eligibility is extended to a new, full- time student at Hocking College who is enrolled in the Associate of Science/ Fermentation Science Brewing program who has completed a FAFSA for the upcoming academic year. The student must also reside in the dorms on the Hocking College Nelsonville Campus.
- The student must be a high school graduate with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.50. If no Ohio high school graduate applies or is eligible, then the scholarship can be awarded to a new Hocking College student in the Fermentation Science Brewing program who graduated from any high school.
- The student must maintain a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. while at Hocking College.
- Students must submit an application as well as a one- page essay to the Hocking College Foundation office addressing their interest in pursuing a career in Fermentation Science Brewing as well as their career goals. The scholarship deadline shall be July 1 each year.
- The donor or their designee(s) will review the applications and choose the scholarship recipient.
- In the event that a student fails to complete the Fermentation Science Brewing Program for any reason, the donor will work with the College and the Foundation to find a suitable replacement for the remaining balance of the scholarship.
- The deadline to Apply is May 31, 2023.