The college's telephone system is maintained and supported by the Office of Information Technology, with telephone and voicemail support.
If your telephone is broken, if you need help using voicemail, if you need to add/remove/move a phone, submit an online ticket at: support.hocking.edu. Please note that modems, fax machines, and answering machines cannot be connected to Hocking's digital phone system.
|Hocking Police Department||6598|
Placing a Call
|Local Calls||8 + 1 + Area Code + Telephone Number|
|On-campus Extensions||Last 4 digits|
|Domestic Long Distance||8 + 1 + Area Code + Telephone Number|
|International Long Distance||8+ 011 + Country + City + Number|
|Toll Free||8 + 1 + 800 + Number|
|Credit Card or Collect Calls||
8 + 0 + Area Code + Number
At tone, enter credit card number or wait for assistance.
|On-campus dialing to remote sites|
|Lake Snowden||4 digit extension|
|Logan Energy Institute||4 digit extension|
|Perry Campus||4 digit extension|
|The McClenaghan Center for Hospitality Training||4 digit extension|
|Off-campus dialing to remote sites|
|Lake Snowden||1 + (740) + 698 + 6373 + Extension|
|Logan Energy Institute||1 +(740) + 385 + 9315 + Extension|
|Perry Campus||1 + (740) + 342 + 3337 + Extension|
|The McClenaghan Center for Hospitality Training||1 + (740) + 753 + 6196 or 1 + (740) + 753 + 6197|
Suggested Voicemail Greetings
- How do I access my voicemail (VM)?
VM + * + extension number
- How do I access voicemail messages off campus?
Dial your college phone number, when you hear your greeting press *. Follow message prompts.
- How can I update my Name and Telephone Number on the online directory?
Enter an online service ticket at: support.hocking.edu.
- When I leave a message for a new user how do I skip the greeting and simply leave a message?
After voicemail greeting starts press #. This will skip the greeting and go directly to voicemail.
- How do I directly leave a voice mail without calling the user?
Press VM button then enter the extension of the party that you wish to leave a voicemail message with.
- How can I transfer a voicemail directly to another's person's voicemail?
When connect to the voicemail system, after listening to the voicemail, select number 3 to forward to another extension.
- How do I dial an outside number?
Dial 8 and then the number.
- How do I increase the speaker volume?
Press the right side of the center speaker button until you get the desired volume level, then press the middle of the center button to save the desired volume.
- How do I use the speaker phone option (Conference)?
Press the left side speaker button to activate the speaker function. Press the same button to discontinue speaker function.
- How do I set Do-Not-Disturb or Out-of-Office feature code?
Press DND button. Press right side of center speaker button to scroll (1-20) for whatever Do-Not-Disturb message you desire.
- How do I transfer a call to another extension?
Press the transfer button and then the extension of the party you want to transfer to, hang up to complete the transfer.
- How do I transfer my Hocking phone number to my outside voicemail?
Press the "FWD" button on your phone. Dial the outgoing line "8" and then the number that you want your calls forwarded to. To cancel the forward feature: press the "FWD" button and then the speaker button.
- How do I put call on Hold?
Press the "RED" button on your phone and hang up or place another call. To return to the call on hold, lift the handset and press the flashing button.
**NOTE** The call will be held for 4 minutes before the call is dropped.
- How do I handle Harassing/Abusive Calls?
If you are receiving harassing phone calls on your Hocking College extension, please contact Campus Safety at Extension "6598".