Thank You for Choosing Hocking College!
Important Update Regarding QuickStart
Hocking College is committed to help you achieve your academic goals, while promoting the health, safety, and well-being of our students and employees.
We are continuing business operations remotely and are excited to have you join our Virtual QuickStart.
At this time, we ask that students and families DO NOT physically visit our campus. Please check out our virtual tour, to take a look around.
Your willingness and understanding to make adjustments that will keep your community safe are just some of the qualities that we know will make you a great addition to the Hocking College family.
At Virtual QuickStart, we'll help you:
- Sign up for classes.
- Explore electronic resources.
- Review how to submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Discuss how to view financial aid awards and submit additional documents, if needed.
- Discuss on-campus housing options and how to apply, if needed.
- Learn how to check your account balance and explore payment options.
- Connect with your Program Manager or Department Dean.
Upcoming QuickStart Dates for Summer or Autumn 2020
These are the dates for classes beginning on May 11, 2020 or August 17, 2020.
- FORMAT: VIRTUAL | Wednesday, April 8 • 10:00 AM | Morning Agenda
- FORMAT: VIRTUAL | Wednesday, April 22 • 2:30 PM Check-in | Afternoon Agenda
- FORMAT: TBD | Wednesday, May 6 • 10:00 AM Check-in | Morning Agenda
Before Attending Virtual QuickStart, you'll need to:
Make sure you're ready for your Virtual QuickStart session!
- Download the Hocking College App
- Check your email (that you used when making your reservation) for the Virtual QuickStart video link, after making your reservation to attend.
- Review the event documents.
- Be in a calm, quiet location; with your preferred device and good internet connection.
- The session will last for approximately 1-hour; Make sure you have enough battery life in your preferred device for the entire event. If not, make sure you have a charger close.
- Log into the session early and ensure that your audio is working.
- If you have trouble connecting to the Virtual QuickStart session, please email us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit official College transcripts prior to attending the event if applicable.
Other Things to Complete to Ensure You're Ready to Start on the 1st Day of Classes
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and secure additional funding, if necessary.
- Selective service for males ages 18-26, if applicable.
- Submit official High School, GED, or College Transcripts, if applicable. Please have transcripts mailed to Hocking College Registrar's Office, 3301 Hocking Parkway, Nelsonville, OH 45764.
- Confirm payment in place to cover full cost of attendance.