Graduating high school seniors from Athens, Fairfield, Hocking, Perry, Pickaway, Ross and Vinton counties are eligible for this scholarship. The District Scholars Scholarship is worth $1,000 an academic year.
To apply students:
- Apply for admission to Hocking College for the autumn or spring semester at apply.hocking.edu.
- Apply for Federal and State financial aid programs using the FAFSA at www.FAFSA.gov and complete all financial aid requirements.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours in your program. Students must be registered before the first day of the semester to receive an award for that term. Flex courses do not count as part of a student’s eligible credit hours.
- Attend autumn or spring semester classes within one year of graduating high school.
As long as a student maintains eligibility, the scholarship will be available for the duration of the student's first associate degree at Hocking College, up to four semesters.
To maintain eligibility, students must:
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours per semester).
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). SAP guidelines can be found at www.hocking.edu/financial-aid.