Discover U Career Camps
June 11 - 15, 2018
Hocking College Summer Experience Camp provides students Grades 6-12 with a first-hand opportunity to participate in their future careers. Students select their program of choice and receive instruction from Hocking College faculty and staff each day. High School and Middle School Guidance Counselors & Teachers are also encouraged to register and attend.
Camps are non-residential and run on Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday.
Price per camp is $75 and the registration cost includes lunch & snack.
Campers can choose from the following program options:
- 911: Gain hands-on experience in areas of law enforcement, corrections, fire and emergency medical services. Tour the Southeastern Ohio Regional jail and leave with certifications in Pediatric CPR and First Aid, training in the proper use of fire extinguishers, unarmed self-defense, and much more.
- The Great Outdoors: When we say ‘in the field’, we mean it! Experience our hands on approach to ‘learning by doing’ in the beautiful forests, fields and lakes of Southeastern Ohio. Enjoy horseback riding, canoeing, animal handling, wildlife identification and tracking, investigating a natural resources crime scene, and much much more!
- For the Health of It - Explore health and nursing careers. Enjoy hand-on activities that prepare you for the world of work. Leave camp at the end of the week with certifications in Pediatric/Adult CPR and First Aid.
- Iron Chef Hocking Style — Love to cook and bake for your family? Always watching the Food Network? Then this camp is for you! Our culinary instructors will teach you what you need to start on your path of becoming a junior master chef!!
- Teen BEAT (Business, Entrepreneurship, and Technology) — Join in the excitement of starting your own company during the Teen Business Entrepreneurship and Technology camp as you team-up to write a business plan, build a website, and produce marketing videos, culminating in a "Shark Tank"-style face-off where the best start-up wins!
- From the Ground Up — Demand is ‘building’ for individuals trained in construction, electricity, heavy equipment, welding, CDL and skilled craftwork. Get hands on and find out if this is the career for you!
For more information or questions, please contact Carrie Arnold at 740-753-7018 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.