Film and Video Production Program Description
This 2-year program enables you to become employed in Film & Video Production, and gives you the foundation to pursue work in a thriving industry. The Film and Video Production program will include courses and material in various film crew positions.
Hocking College offers all-inclusive pricing and works with students to assure they have complete college funding, including financial aid, before they start classes. Please reference the course curriculum tab for program costs.
All-inclusive pricing includes the following:
$20........Health Center Services
$75........Career Center Services
Pricing for housing and meal plans can be found here.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are statements of what a student will be able to do when they have completed a program. They represent the knowledge and skills a program has determined are most important for students to gain from that program and include both the Success Skills (institutional outcomes) and Program Outcomes. SLOs are specific and measurable so the program can accurately assess the degree to which students have achieved each outcome, and they align with college and institution mission and values. Data on the achievement of SLOs is used to make improvements in the program and increase student success.
Hocking College Institutional Learning Outcomes
1) Demonstrate sound critical thinking, information literacy and technological competency in the production of academic writing and presentations
2) Apply the methods of mathematical, statistical or analytical reasoning to critically evaluate data, solve problems and effectively communicate findings.
3) Demonstrate an awareness of the social, political and economic forces which shape individuals, institutions and communities in the modern world.
4)Understand social justice and the diversities and complexities of the cultural and social world past and present and come to an informed sense of self and others.
5)Demonstrate a foundation of knowledge in the natural sciences based on theory and laboratory skills.
6) Cultivate ethical values, personal wellness and personal learning strategies in the development of the whole person, mind, body and spirit.
7) Integrate content material to application in the workforce and apply discipline specific knowledge and skills to successfully transfer or effectively meet the expectations of internships, workplace, volunteerism and/or entrepreneurship endeavors.
8) Utilize the ethical and professional application of current information technology and tools effectively.
Demonstrate an introductory ability to analyze films and discuss their significance
within the global conversation of media.
Demonstrate the ability to develop and write formatted scripts for fictional and
Demonstrate an introductory knowledge of how to manage preproduction, work
with clients, cast actors, organize and manage sets, move a project through post
production, and deliver a final product.
Demonstrate an introductory knowledge of the positions on a film production,
types of employment available, and the associated unions for workers.
Demonstrate the technical skills for usage and maintenance of entry-level
equipment in camera, lighting, grip, field audio, and post-production departments.
Demonstrate an introductory knowledge of small business ownership and
management within the gig-based economy.