Talent-based scholarships are available for accomplished musicians and vocalists interested in pursuing their education at Hocking College.
Students will be required to audition following one of the QuickStart registration events. If students cannot attend an in-person audition, they may be able to submit a video audition.
All music scholarships for incoming students are awarded on the basis of the student’s audition, potential, musical and academic background, theory test results, interview (music therapy and music education), and program needs. Notification regarding talent awards will be mailed to incoming students who have been selected as scholarship recipients in early August.
To be eligible students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12-18 credit hours) in an eligible degree or certificate program at Hocking College
- Register for MUS-1134 (HC Band) or MUS-1131 (HC Singers)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Student may be required to live on campus and purchase a meal plan