Sales Certificate Program Description
Hocking College’s Sales Certificate is designed to provide hands-on, experiential learning alongside classroom theories for students who are either new to the business world or established professionals looking to strengthen their skills.
The training students receive in the program prepares them for careers in the sales field and includes experiential learning in Social Media Marketing, CRM system utilization, and consultative selling applications.
There are many employment options for experienced sales and marketing professionals. Positions where Hocking College alumni could work or are currently working include territory sales, retail sales manager, digital marketing associate, account representative, marketing associate and sales analyst.
Hocking College offers all-inclusive pricing and works with students to assure they have complete college funding, including financial aid, before they start classes. Please reference the course curriculum tab for program costs.
All-inclusive pricing includes the following:
$20........Health Center Services
$75........Career Center Services
Pricing for housing and meal plans can be found here.
*Recommended for all first-year college students.
More information coming soon!
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are statements of what a student will be able to do when they have completed a program. They represent the knowledge and skills a program has determined are most important for students to gain from that program and include both the Success Skills (institutional outcomes) and Program Outcomes. SLOs are specific and measurable so the program can accurately assess the degree to which students have achieved each outcome, and they align with college and institution mission and values. Data on the achievement of SLOs is used to make improvements in the program and increase student success.
- CE - Communicates Effectively
- PA - Maintains Professional Skills and Attitudes
- CT - Demonstrates Learning Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving Skills
- ET - Maintains a Code of Ethics
- HR - Practices Human Relations Skills
- MS - Demonstrates Math Skills
- GA - Demonstrates Community, Cultural
- IT - Implements Career-Appropriate Technology
To learn more about each of these, click here.
New academic programs and curriculums being re-designed based on industry needs will have outcome data available after one complete graduation cycle.
Will Financial Aid cover any of the Sales Certificate courses?
How long will the Sales program take?
What is the benefit of a Sales Certificate?
Whether you realize it or not, sales is everywhere. Traditional sales roles are abundant and needed in every business, but skills in sales are utilized in everyday life from making new friends to going into job interviews. Strengthening your sales skills can positively impact your marketability to employers and your overall confidence.
Why should I think about a career in Sales?
- Better Careers: Students in sales programs report multiple job offers before graduation.
- Higher Incomes: The average entry-level salary for technical sales reps is over $60,000/year.
- Quality of Life: Sales graduates report their career satisfaction at over 77% and ramp up 50% faster than their non-sales educated peers.