Welding Certificate Description
A comprehensive, beginner-to-advanced training in welding using a variety of course and AWS certification models that will allow trainees to personalize their training. Courses include ARC, MIG, TIG, soldering, brazing, metallurgy fundamentals, structural stick welding, pipe welding and positioning and high-pressure pipe and piping systems.
Hocking College offers all-inclusive pricing and works with students to assure they have complete college funding, including financial aid, before they start classes. Please reference the course curriculum tab for program costs.
All-inclusive pricing includes the following:
$20........Health Center Services
$75........Career Center Services
Pricing for housing and meal plans can be found here.
*Recommended for all first-year college students.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are statements of what a student will be able to do when they have completed a program. They represent the knowledge and skills a program has determined are most important for students to gain from that program and include both the Success Skills (institutional outcomes) and Program Outcomes. SLOs are specific and measurable so the program can accurately assess the degree to which students have achieved each outcome, and they align with college and institution mission and values. Data on the achievement of SLOs is used to make improvements in the program and increase student success.
- CE - Communicates Effectively
- PA - Maintains Professional Skills and Attitudes
- CT - Demonstrates Learning Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving Skills
- ET - Maintains a Code of Ethics
- HR - Practices Human Relations Skills
- MS - Demonstrates Math Skills
- GA - Demonstrates Community, Cultural
- IT - Implements Career-Appropriate Technology
To learn more about each of these, click here.
The following outcomes are skills, behaviors, and attitudes cultivated in the Welding Certificate program:
- Learning ARC, MIG, TIG, soldering, brazing, metallurgy fundamentals, structural stick welding, pipe welding and positioning.
- Learning high-pressure pipe and piping systems.
The Welding program is a new program starting in Fall 2018. Program outcome data will be available in Spring 2020.